It is a protein-rich supplement, considered as an excellent alternative for animal or meat protein and regular consumption of Bengal gram helps in reducing protein malnutrition. One cup of cooked Chana Dal provides 33% of your protein for the day.
- It is a good source of dietary fiber and includes an insignificant amount of polyunsaturated fat.
- Diabetic friendly; contains low-glycemic carbohydrates, fiber, vitamins, minerals and antioxidants.
How to Use:
- It can be used in soups, salads, curries, dal preparations, savouries, sweets and rice dishes, etc.
- It is also used to make sabjis, vadas and chats.
- Can be alternatively roasted and powdered into gram flour or besan.