Flax seeds are known for their many health benefits, which include providing a hearty dose of protein and fibre, reducing appetite and aiding in weight control.
- The Accept Organic flaxseed oil is loaded with heart-healthy omega-3 fatty acids.
- Flaxseed oil has a wide variety of uses, ranging from cooking to skin care.
- Flaxseed oil improves the elasticity of the arteries.
- Flaxseeds are believed to reduce inflammation.
The high concentration of Omega-3 makes flaxseed oil one of the most potent anti-inflammatory ingredients and therefore it is very efficient at soothing dry, irritated skin. It locks in the water molecules in the skin, keeping it hydrated.
Additionally, Omega-3 refreshes skin cells and rebalance any discoloration, making it firmer, more elastic, and provide you with an overall clearer looking skin. Applying flaxseed oil directly over the skin, especially in people with psoriasis, can offer the skin with essential fatty acids it may lack.
- Flax seed oil can easily be swapped for other types of oil in salad dressings, dips and sauces.
- Add one serving (one tablespoon or 15 ml) into smoothies or shakes, Lassi or yoghurt etc.
- Flax seed oil can be applied to the skin to enhance skin health and increase skin moisture.
- Flax seed oil as a hair mask to promote growth and shine
- Keep in mind that flax seed oil should not be used for cooking, as it does not have a high smoke point and can form harmful compounds when exposed to high heat